Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Skiing, Skiing and More Skiing

God is real. No, really - God is real.

Ever wonder if your prayers are just a figment of your imagination. Whether you call to Him out loud or quietly in your mind, is there a God out there who really hears and cares? Is it possible that when you lay out all your cares for Him to bear, the relief that sweeps over you is simply a sensationalist moment that calms your nerves.

While the relief is a natural human response, I would contend that it must be preceded by a trust in God based on a faith that has taken hold of God's Holy Word through fulfilled promises and answered prayers. Do you have that kind of trust? Have you dared to humble yourself before a loving God, sincerely plead for his forgiveness for your known transgressions and been witness to a transformation of your will? Don't miss this opportunity to be introduced to God, after which your relationship and knowledge of God can prosper. For "This is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." Your life depends on it.

God is real. No, really - God is real.

In the beginning, God...
...created the heaven and the earth. Friday morning, He had just finished raising the sun above the horizon for my enjoyment as I set out cross country skiing through Kelly Canyon...
...spying on this moose. What would the moose do if I hit her with a snowball? Would it assume the snow fell off a tree, would it playfully roger up to a snowball fight, or would it despise me? Well, despite thinking such thoughts, I thought it wiser to just keep skiing...
...and taking pictures of the marvelous beauty surrounding me.
Just imagine the cold, crisp mountain air, in a peaceful forest on a clear morning...
...with the sun sparkling through the trees as I huffed and puffed, breaking trails up hill for way too long. But once I found some other tracks, the going was easier and quite fast! Either way, it was a joy to spend the morning enjoying God's beauty.
From Kelly Canyon, I headed home for a bite to eat and then I was off to pick up fellow adventurers for an afternoon ski. With the frequent frozen fog, this willow tree...
...along with the trees in this field are a common winter sight.
With the McPhie's and Shayna in tow, we headed up to Mesa Falls. I was there a few weeks ago, but now the scenic trail was groomed, the weather beautiful and the snow was fast. Heather leads the pack while Chris (can you see him?) follows along.
The trail followed the canyon rim overlooking the river below and...
...the Teton's above! (Somehow the Teton's make it into every weekend photo shoot.)
Heather demonstrates the "La-Z-Boy" skiing style, of which I won't show the results.
While I was busy trying to capture a phenomenal sunset...
...Chris (Dad) was busy leaving notes along the trail to ensure I found my way there...
...so I continued to shoot a few more.
The beauty of the sun coming across the snow reminded me of sunsets across the lake...
...and the snow just sparkled and danced as the sun waved goodbye.
Heather and Chris enjoy a break overlooking Lower Falls. I had to revert to black and white so Chris's suit didn't monopolize the picture.
Lower falls...
...through a fence.
One last view of the sunset across the canyon. Did I mention this was an afternoon ski trip? Well, once the sun set, I guess it was a night trip!
Arriving at Upper Falls after sunset made for some great shots of the falls.
Upper Falls in sepia.
Chris is easy to spot - but the other two...
...there they are...
...and even Chris got his tongue out! Check out that hair in the middle.
Heading back to the car, we were greeted by a full moon at the top of the hill.
No headlamps would be necessary this night!
On the right is the infamous stop sign you might recall from a previous post. Looks like someone taller then me fixed it!
The picture doesn't come close to doing the scene justice as we skied along in awe of the night time moon lit beauty.
On the way home, I figured this was one red light worth stopping for since there was a train going through the middle of the intersection.
In case we weren't sore enough, we headed for Targhee early the next morning. My only question - where were these guys going with that boat, all dressed up to go fishing?
Can you see the rainbow around the sun? It was a pretty cool sight as we caught the first chair lift up the mountain.
According to this sign, it may be necessary to take away your lift pass after you die skiing off the cliff. Seems a bit excessive to me.
There they are again! (The Tetons of course.)
The view without people getting in the way.
Did you really think I would just put one picture up? I think I took a picture every time I came around the corner.
Heading off into the sunset with the Teton's in my mirror - another great weekend of skiing complete! Now it's time to wash the car and mirrors.

And remember, if you like what you see, it is because God is really real!

No comments:

Post a Comment