Thursday, September 9, 2010

...To Shining Sea

For those who avidly check this blog, well, you've probably been very disappointed over the last three months. Well I can't blame you, and I don't suppose there's any need for excuses. I'm just busy. Busy getting used to life in New York again. In the last post, yes, that one on June 6th, I left you hanging on the Pacific Coast. Go ahead and take care of your baited breath, because here's another quick sampler from...
...a sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean. Don't worry, I'll spare you the mile by mile replay of how I went from Alcatraz to Florida, as they were only a few days apart - weddings. While I'm not a big fan of them, they do happen and I don't mind participating, especially when they're followed by trips...
...aboard a space shuttle! It's probably no secret that I was more excited about Kennedy Space Center then the wedding. But if you like weddings, don't go to far. There will be pictures showing up on this blog... after the trips to Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone, Yosemite, San Francisco... etc.
From Florida, I headed straight to a four day back-packing trip at Havasupai. Here's a picture of Moony Falls, one of just many beautiful waterfalls and other amazing creations we had the pleasure of seeing.
From Havasupai, I got a few more nights in Idaho Falls prior to my final farewells as I loaded the car and headed back to NY. The end of my 20 month stint in Idaho had finally come to a close. But don't worry, there are hundreds of pictures still being sorted and coming your way! Here's a picture of Devil's Tower in Wyoming, one of several sight-seeing stops along the way. For perspective, it is over 1200 feet tall!
Next up was Rocky Mountain National Park, one of the highest National Parks. Here's a view of the road as it winds through the Park mountains.
The St. Louis Arch, the gateway to the West. But for me, it was the last major sight-seeing event of the trip, successfully completing whirlwind tours of the West. I made an attempt to capture pictures of State signs each time I crossed a state line.
I'll bet you can guess which state I was about to enter. If not, click on it and look in the lower left corner and you'll realize that after driving ~3,000 miles across the country, I only paid $2.15 for tolls in Kansas, until I hit the Empire State. Fortunately, there were plenty of other reasons to move back home and you should get a glimpse of those reasons, just as soon as I caption pictures on the next 10 blog posts detailing all the sights I saw in my last few weeks out West. So stay tuned and I'll keep working on getting more pictures posted.

1 comment:

  1. anxiously awaiting more pictures! Looks like you've been having a good time!

    ReplyDelete