Friday, January 16, 2009

Dreams from the Bus

You've all had dreams, woken up and questioned whether or not your dream was real. You tell me - could I possibly have dreamed this up?

While riding the bus to work this week (refer to "November 2008" post if you're wondering what that's all about), the following occurred.

[Time is somewhere between 5:15 and 6:30AM, bus is nearly full, Joe is sleeping, the bus radio occasionally cackles too life]

Radio: Dispatch, this is bus number 343. We have an injury to report.
Dispatch: 343, this is dispatch, go ahead.
Radio: Person was sat on.

[Joe half opens one eye, notices the interior bus lights are still on indicating we're still in town, dull murmur of colluctive "huh?" as passengers turn to one another and question whether they truly heard the radio correctly.]

Dispatch: 343, could you please repeat.
Radio: A male passenger was sat on, minor injuries.

[Dull chuckle seeps from the bus passengers as they confirm what they heard.]
[Joe waffles in and out of consciousness until driver hits brakes during dense fog. Joe turns to seatmate to confirm the person getting sat on, only to realize the man didn't have a neck pillow and was about to rest his sleeping head on my shoulder - can't ask him!]

[Bus arrives at work, Joe stumbles into office.]

Joe: Paul, did you hear a humorous announcement on the bus?
Paul: I was sound asleep and didn't hear anything.
Joe: Bummer.

Now I ask you - is it possible to make up a quasi-plausible scenario that I have never in my life thought of before, while dreaming? Or did this really happen? And how do I find out if it really happened without others questioning my sanity?

No comments:

Post a Comment