Sunday, August 9, 2009

North Menan Butte

It's hard to believe that another summer week has already passed! While I didn't do anything too exciting this weekend, I seem to be rather sore. After helping Ryan cut, load, unload and arrange sod on his front lawn, you might understand. After that, I figured it was only my back and upper body that were sore, so I headed out for an afternoon hike. I was hoping to go back to Packsaddle Lake with it's hidden swimming hole at the end, but it appeared to be raining there and the temperature wasn't much above 60F! So, I headed up to North Menan Butte for a quick hike around an old volcano rim. I suppose it's not nearly as exciting as the last few weekends, but it was about 4,970 less miles of driving.
This bland picture shows the rim of the butte.
Looking across the crater towards town.
The outside of the volcano rim. If you look hard enough, I think I left my sunroof open.
A gorgeous view looking west... miles and miles of sagebrush! For those of you still looking for my sunroof, maybe you could find the light on at the Red Roof Inn.
Erosion on the east side.
This guy spared no expense with his gold roof.
Looking down the eroded gully and natural bridge with Rexburg in the background.
Round fields, square fields, brown fields, green fields (with an irrigation sprinkler running). You can see how the volcano topology ruined the typically square plots of land like you see in the distance.
Sorry, but no handstands today as I was already in enough pain.

That's all for the excitement, so until next week, enjoy what God has blessed you with and another week of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment